The BJCP Mead Judge Exam process is how a mead enthusiast becomes a mead judge in the BJCP. It covers:
- Technical aspects of brewing, ingredients, brewing process and possible faults.
- World mead styles, including characteristics, history, ingredients, and brewing techniques.
- The purpose of the BJCP.
- Judging procedures and ethics.
The Mead Judge was revised on November 1, 2015 and now consists of two exams:
- The BJCP Mead Judge Entrance Examination, an online examination to screen prospective candidates.
- The BJCP Mead Judging Examination, a practical tasting examination of six meads.
The revised exam program is described in detail in this document. Please review it in detail.